Venue, dates and times
The PyConZA 2017 sprints will be held at the Oracle Cloud Development Centre in Black River Park.
Date: 7th & 8th of October 2017
Time: 9:00 until 20:00
Where: Oracle Cloud Development Centre, 3rd Floor, Central Building, Black River Park, Fir Street, Observatory.
To add a sprint topic to this list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details
Currently proposed sprint topics
- pygame-cffi, a CFFI-based reimplementation of PyGame.
- wafer, the framework running the PyConZA 2017 website.
- Bird's Eye, the graphical expression-based python debugger presented in a lightning talk on Thursday.
- numismatic, Coin Collecting for Digital Assets
- Software Carpentry follow-up - come and get help and advice for your own project.
What was worked on
- Replacing deleting talks with withdrawing talks.
- Adding support for the latest Django REST Framework.
- Adding settings documentation.
- Pygame CFFI
- Adding support for pygame.transform.
- Fixing bugs uncovered while doing this.
- Adding support for running under PyPy.
- 3-D Tetris on Vive
- Store unicode as UTF-8
- Fixing bugs in PyPy3 cpyext
- Speeding up cpyext
- Correcting sys.path in PyPy3
- Bought machine
- Registered domain name
- Set up ansible
- birdseye debugger
- Onboarding new developers.
- Aggregating running race results.
- Working on cleaning the race results. :)
- Conference admin:
- Video uploading.
- Asking speakers for talk slides and getting those up on Slidedeck.
- Added packer scripts that create docker images.
- Loading CSVs into Postgres :)
- ISFDB2 Calibre plugin
- Reimplementation of the ISFDB Calibre plugin.
- Hiking along the pipe track.
- Sushi and burgers.